If you can believe it, I followed the menu: (http://www.homemakerspensieve.com/2010/03/16/menus/) for a whole week! There was only one meal on it that I didn’t use, and that was kind of a standby breakfast anyway.
So, in case anyone cares, I’m posting the menu. Oh, and I don’t label days. It’s a very loose menu. I kind of just close my eyes and point, and wherever my finger lands on the menu, that’s the meal for the day. Sort of. I don’t get hung up on the details of it.
- Granola (homemade) with milk; fresh fruit, or juice from 1 apple and 1 zucchini
- Muffins (homemade); fresh fruit, or juice from 1 apple and 1 zucchini
- Chip “beef” gravy over toast; fresh fruit, or juice from 1 apple and 1 zucchini
- French Toast with syrup; fresh fruit, or juice from 1 apple and 1 zucchini
- Special Toast (PB, applesauce, coconut, banana); fresh fruit, or juice from 1 apple and 1 zucchini or fresh fruit
- Omelets; fresh fruit, or juice from 1 apple and 1 zucchini
- Hot cereal (standby); fresh fruit, or juice from 1 apple and 1 zucchini
- “Deli” sandwiches
- PB sandwiches
- Cheese sandwiches
Veggies for lunches:
- Pizza (homemade); salad
- Creamy Spinach Pasta (was lasagna; forgot to buy lasagna noodles); salad
- BBQ “chicken”; potatoes; green beans
- Tofu sticks; mashed potatoes; peas and corn
- Sloppy Joes; salad ( http://www.homemakerspensieve.com/2010/03/22/vegetarian-sloppy-joes/)
- Cheeseburger rice casserole; broccoli
- Soup (“meatball” and cabbage); crackers
Desserts (2 nights):
- birthday cake and ice cream
- date nut chews (didn’t get around to this)
I even made up another menu for this week! I’m on a roll! It should be interesting to see if I keep this second menu. The first menu was made up of a lot of the “good ‘ole standbys”, but the second one has a lot of recipes from a book that I’ve never tried before. Although I tried not to choose anything too different from our normal fare.